In Nov/Dec of 2014, we will be conducting a research project that aims to study the effects of sleep on cognitive functions in adolescents in Singapore. My team and I would like to invite you to partner with us in this endeavour.
(1) to examine the impact of short sleep on cognitive function
(2) to investigate the effectiveness of extending sleep opportunity as an intervention to reduce cognitive impairments induced by sleep loss
This will be the first study of its kind, and we believe that its findings regarding sleep and health will be of use to educators and schools.
If you are between 15-19 years old, or know of anyone who would like to participate in this study, please download the FAQ sheet to learn more about the study.
Dates: 26 Nov ⎯ 9 Dec 2014
Venue: Nanyang Girls Boarding School
Eligibility: 15-19 years and healthy
What you can expect:
- Have first-hand experience of various research techniques
- Attend talks by scientists in various fields of research
- Know how your brain looks like and how well you sleep
If you have any additional questions or clarifications, feel free to send your enquires to Miss Ruth Leong at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory (CNL) at 6516 4457 during office hours.